Workbook Solutions for Treasure Trove Short Stories by Xavier Pinto - Class 9 and 10 ICSE PDF
Treasure Trove Book Class 9 PDF Download
If you are a student of ICSE Class 9, you might be looking for a reliable and comprehensive book for your English literature syllabus. One such book is Treasure Trove, a collection of poems and short stories that covers all the topics and themes that you need to know for your exam. In this article, we will tell you everything you need to know about Treasure Trove book class 9 PDF download, how to study from it, and what are the summaries and analyses of the poems and stories in it.
treasure trove book class 9 pdf download
What is Treasure Trove Book?
Treasure Trove is a book published by Evergreen Publications for ICSE Class 9 and 10 students. It contains a selection of poems and short stories that are prescribed by the CISCE board for the English literature syllabus. The book has been written by experts in the field of English literature and has been designed to help students understand and appreciate the literary works in an easy and enjoyable way.
Some of the benefits of studying from Treasure Trove book are:
It covers all the poems and stories that are included in the syllabus, along with their summaries, analyses, literary devices, important questions and answers, and project ideas.
It provides detailed explanations of the poems and stories in simple and lucid language, with examples and quotes to support the points.
It helps students develop their reading, writing, speaking, listening, and critical thinking skills through various activities and exercises.
It prepares students for their board exams by providing tips on how to frame better answers, how to impress examiners, and how to manage time effectively.
How to Download Treasure Trove Book Class 9 PDF?
If you want to download Treasure Trove book class 9 PDF, you have several options to choose from. You can either buy the book online from various websites, or you can download it for free from some sources. Here are some of the pros and cons of each option:
- You get a legal copy of the book- You get access to additional features like online tests, videos, etc.- You support the publishers and authors
- You have to pay money- You may face delivery issues or delays- You may not get the latest edition or updates
Download for free
- You save money- You get instant access to the book- You can share it with others easily
- You may violate copyright laws- You may get a low-quality or incomplete copy- You may expose your device to malware or viruses
To buy Treasure Trove book online, you can visit websites like Amazon, Flipkart, Exam18, etc. To download Treasure Trove book for free, you can visit websites like Shaalaa.com, Scribd.com, Toppr.com, etc. However, we recommend that you buy the book online from a trusted source to avoid any legal or technical issues.
* Evergreen Publication Solutions for Class 9 and 10 English - Treasure Trove a Collection of ICSE Short Stories and Poems
* Evergreen Class 9 and 10 English - Literature : Treasure Trove ICSE Class 10
* Workbook solutions Treasure Trove Short Stories by Xavier Pinto
* Treasure Trove a Collection of ICSE Short Stories and Poems PDF
* Treasure Trove a Collection of ICSE Short Stories and Poems Summary
* Treasure Trove a Collection of ICSE Short Stories and Poems Workbook Answers
* Treasure Trove a Collection of ICSE Short Stories and Poems Notes
* Treasure Trove a Collection of ICSE Short Stories and Poems Questions and Answers
* Treasure Trove a Collection of ICSE Short Stories and Poems Chapterwise Solutions
* Treasure Trove a Collection of ICSE Short Stories and Poems Free Download
* How to download Treasure Trove a Collection of ICSE Short Stories and Poems PDF
* Where to find Treasure Trove a Collection of ICSE Short Stories and Poems PDF
* Best website for Treasure Trove a Collection of ICSE Short Stories and Poems PDF
* Treasure Trove a Collection of ICSE Short Stories and Poems PDF for Class 9
* Treasure Trove a Collection of ICSE Short Stories and Poems PDF for Class 10
* Treasure Trove a Collection of ICSE Short Stories and Poems by Evergreen Publication
* Treasure Trove a Collection of ICSE Short Stories and Poems by Xavier Pinto
* Treasure Trove a Collection of ICSE Short Stories and Poems by Shaalaa.com
* Treasure Trove a Collection of ICSE Short Stories and Poems by Academia.edu
* Treasure Trove a Collection of ICSE Short Stories and Poems by CISCE
* The Heart of the Tree by Henry Cuyler Bunner PDF Download
* The Cold Within by James Patrick Kinney PDF Download
* The Bangle Sellers by Sarojini Naidu PDF Download
* After Blenheim by Robert Southey PDF Download
* Television by Roald Dahl PDF Download
* Daffodils by William Wordsworth PDF Download
* I Know why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou PDF Download
* The Patriot by Robert Browning PDF Download
* Abu Ben Adhem by Leigh Hunt PDF Download
* Nine Gold Medals by David Roth PDF Download
* Chief Seattles Speech by Chief Seattle PDF Download
* Old Man at the Bridge by Ernest Hemingway PDF Download
* A Horse and Two Goats by R K Narayan PDF Download
* Hearts and Hands by O Henry PDF Download
How to Study from Treasure Trove Book Class 9 PDF?
Once you have downloaded Treasure Trove book class 9 PDF, you need to study from it in a smart and effective way. Here are some tips and tricks to help you do that:
Read the poems and stories carefully and try to understand the main idea, theme, message, tone, and mood of each one.
Make notes of the important points, characters, events, literary devices, and vocabulary words in each poem and story.
Refer to the summaries and analyses provided in the book and compare them with your own understanding. Try to find similarities and differences between them.
Practice the questions and answers given in the book and check your answers with the solutions. Try to write your answers in your own words and avoid copying from the book.
Use the project ideas given in the book to explore the poems and stories further. You can also come up with your own project ideas based on your interest and creativity.
Use online resources and tools like videos, podcasts, quizzes, etc. to supplement your learning from the book. You can find some of these resources on websites like YouTube, Khan Academy, Vedantu, etc.
Summary and Analysis of Treasure Trove Poems and Stories
To help you revise and prepare for your exam, we have prepared a table that summarizes the main themes, characters, and messages of each poem and story in Treasure Trove book class 9. We have also provided a brief analysis of each poem and story with some examples and quotes. You can use this table as a quick reference guide or a cheat sheet for your exam.
The Heart of a Tree
Nature, Environment, Human Impact
The poet, The planter, The tree
The poet praises the planter who plants a tree and describes the benefits of trees for humans and nature.
The poet uses metaphors, personification, imagery, rhyme scheme, and repetition to convey his admiration for the planter and his love for trees.
The Cold Within
Prejudice, Hatred, Humanity
Six people (a black man, a white man, a poor man, a rich man, an old man, a young girl)
The poet narrates how six people die of cold because they refuse to share their firewood with each other due to their prejudice and hatred.
The poet uses irony, symbolism, contrast, alliteration, and moral lesson to convey his message of how prejudice and hatred can destroy humanity.
The Bangle Sellers
Culture, Tradition, Women
The bangle sellers, The customers (maidens, wives, old women)
The poet describes how the bangle sellers sell their colorful bangles in the market and how they match them with different stages of women's lives.
The poet uses similes, metaphors, imagery, rhyme scheme, and tone to convey his appreciation for the culture and tradition of India and the beauty and diversity of women.
War, History, PropagandaOld Kaspar, Peterkin, WilhelmineThe poet tells how Old Kaspar narrates the story of the Battle of Blenheim to his grandchildren and how he blindly accepts it as a great victory without questioning its consequences.The poet uses irony, repetition, contrast, dialogue, and symbolism to convey his criticism of war and its glorification by history and propaganda.TelevisionMedia, Education, Children
The poet, The children, The parents
The poet advises the parents to turn off the television and let their children read books instead.
The poet uses humor, exaggeration, rhyme scheme, and imagery to convey his message of how television can harm children's imagination and learning.
Chief Seattle's Speech
Nature, Culture, Colonization
Chief Seattle, The White Chief
Chief Seattle delivers a speech to the White Chief who wants to buy his land and tells him how his people respect and love nature and their culture.
Chief Seattle uses rhetorical questions, metaphors, parallelism, contrast, and tone to convey his message of how his people and the white peopl